With the summer 2013 heat wave behind us, hopefully, it got us thinking about summer vehicle maintenance. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise. Therefore, it’s important to keep track of your vehicles and their maintenance.
Be prepared when things heat up by following our checklist below:
- Clean your battery
- Insider Tip: Inspect “interior box light” and lift the gate activator switches that are illuminated. Improperly functioning lights could cause battery drains.
- Maintain and test your air conditioning
- Change the air filter
- Check the coolant and radiator
- Check your breaks
- Safety Tip: Reduce speed on wet roads to maximize traction and avoid hydroplaning
- Replace your windshield wipers
- Check fan belts and hoses
- Change oil and oil filter
- Check your tires
- Did you know? Tires wear faster in warm months.
With everything you have to remember for work and your personal life, how will you remember when you need to maintain your vehicles? Have you heard about EZM Web? With EZM Web you can schedule, track and control maintenance on any vehicle and/or equipment from any internet-connected device. It’s extremely simple and easy to use, and it helps companies large and small stay organized and on track.
EZM Web Key Features:
- Maintenance Scheduling: You can schedule routine preventative maintenance. Fuel usage and mileage can be tracked as well.
- Equipment and Vehicle Tracking: You can enter and track equipment by class, category, and serial numbers.
- Maintenance Work Orders: Whether it’s routine or emergency, all can be assigned via EZM Web.
- Full Inventory Control: Users can choose full inventory control, choose to track only item pricing or disable inventory tracking entirely.
- Parts and Materials: You can print a list of parts and materials required for each maintenance on the work order.
- List and Track Outside Customers or Vendor: You can enter full customer/vendor information and have that information appear on specific work orders.
- Alerts: You will be protected against missing or falling behind on maintenance.
- Driver Information and Incident Tracking: You can record all driver information and license information.
- Tire Tracking and Control: Track mileage and tire rotation and replacement.
- Maintenance Calendars: Printable schedules will help keep you on track.
- Complete Reports: Ability to pull reports on equipment lists, maintenance due, history, inventory, etc…
- There’s much more. For more information visit: http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/maintenance-software
You’ve worked hard to get your fleet. It’s important to maintain your vehicles and summer is the perfect time.