Fuel is the single greatest expense in the life cycle of a heavy truck. The deep-well cavities of heavy truck wheels create unwanted turbulence, which decreases fuel efficiency. The Deflecktor Aero Wheel Cover’s patented design reduces this turbulence. In twelve separate, rigorous SAE type 2 J1321 fuel efficiency tests over a two-year period by Schneider National, one of the largest truck fleets in the US, the Deflecktor Aero Wheel Cover saved approximately 1% in fuel costs per set of four wheel covers. A tractor-trailer combination can expect fuel savings of up to 2% when installing covers on all eight wheel ends. Deflecktor Aero Wheel Covers are the most cost-effective, aerodynamic wheel solution available on the market, providing immediate return on investment.
Important Deflecktor Wheel Covers Features and Facts:
- Secure Patented Mounting
- Simple and Secure
- Tool-less, fully assembled, installation in seconds
- Lightweight: less than two pounds
- Extremely Durable: made of truck tarp fabric with stainless steel wire
- Designed for easy wheel inspection
- One year warranty on materials and workmanship
- Designed for 22.5” x 8.25” Aluminum and Steel wheels on Class 8 vehicles and trailers as well as Super Single Steel
- Heavy-duty fabric and simple redundant design perform consistently even through the toughest weather conditions
View our selection of Deflecktor Wheel Covers and learn more here.