Each year as winter begins to roll in, it brings with it many challenges for fleets and drivers.
Snow, ice and frigid temps can leave vehicles and equipment suspectible to rust, corrosion, cracking and a multitude of other issues.
At Ryder Fleet Products, we work with some of the most technically innovative manufacturers in the industry to provide you with the latest solutions for tackling weather-related issues. For example,
- To address the effects that harsh weather can have on coiled air lines, Phillips Industries developed POLAR AIR® – a Coiled Air Hose Set with a protective jacketing that prevent fractures and remains flexible in severe temperatures.
- Engine Block Heaters and Battery Warmers keep an engine warm overnight – enabling fluids to reach their ideal temperature quicker making it easier to start , allowing drivers to get on the road without delay. While some block heaters are built-in, there are several excellent aftermarket options from manufacturers such as Fleetguard Cummins.
There are many vehicle features and sophisticated aftermarket products to help make driving during frigid temperatures safer and more productive. We always find, however, that no matter which vehicle you drive, or what type of weather you’re up against, you can always squeeze a little more productivity out of your day by carrying along a little can of the iconic WD-40 Multi Use Formula. This extremely versatile product can help you out during extreme weather in so many ways – including many uses well beyond the vehicle. Here are a few to keep in mind this winter:
- Keeps the spray nozzles on windshield washers from freezing
- Prevents antennas from freezing in cold conditions
- Removes carbon buildup on spark plugs
- Gets rid of residue from the solenoids
- Loosens carburetor linkage when stuck
- Removes road tar
- Removes residue from pistons
- Unjams rusted and stuck nuts and bolts
- Helps wet sticky snow slide right off your shovel – making the job of shoveling your driveway or sidewalk a little easier on your back
- Prevents snow from sticking to snowblowers
- Prevents rubber seals from cracking
- Prevents tool from rusting
- Removes crayons and markers from walls – handy on days when a snowstorm keeps your little ones stuck inside too long (We recommend testing a small area of the wall first!)
- Prevents snow from building up on the outside of house windows
- Removes duck tape from a variety of sources
- Lubricates limbs of artificial Christmas trees
- Keeps Christmas tree stand from rusting
- Lubricates screws on Christmas tree holder
- Unfreezes frozen snowshoe zippers
- Cleans rust off Santa’s sleigh runners
- Removes artificial snow from windows after the holiday season
- Preventative maintenance on outdoor Christmas decorations before storing
- Keeps tackle from freezing during ice fishing
- The WD is WD-40 stands for water displacement so use it to drive out moisture from engines, snow mobile engines, etc.
The #1 problem solver, the WD-40 Multi-Use Product is truly a “toolkit in a car”. With over 200 documented uses, it’s been the go-to-resource to get the job done. Find more uses and tips, including how-to videos, at WD-40.
The WD-40 Company is home to several of the world’s best-known brands. Their most famous – WD-40 Multi-Use Product – first appeared in stores in San Diego in the 1950’s. in 1961, the first full truckload order for WD-40 was filled to help victims of Hurricane Carla along the U.S. Gulf coast to recondition flood and rain damaged vehicles and equipment. Fast forward to today and the WD-40 portfolio of brands is found in homes, workshops and factories around the world, and used daily in consumer and industrial markets such as automotive, manufacturing, sporting goods, aviation, hardware and home improvement, construction, and farming.
ABOUT RYDER FLEET PRODUCTS:
Ryder Fleet products is a subsidiary of Ryder System, Inc. – a Fortune 500 commercial fleet management, dedicated transportation and supply chain solutions company.
The uses shown and described for WD-40 Multi-Use Product were provided to WD-40 Company by the users themselves. These uses haven’t been tested by WD-40 Company and do not constitute a recommendation of suggestion for use by WD-40 Company. Common sense should be exercised whenever using WD-40 Company products. Always follow the instructions and take heed of any warnings printed on the packaging.
READY. SET. KNOW!
Stay up-to-date and in-the-know with the Ryder Fleet Products e-newsletter.
Sign up to receive our e-newsletter