Annually, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) holds a three day Roadcheck enforcement program working in conjunction with the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration. This 72 hour focused Safety Blitz will be held June 4-6 throughout all parts of the United States. Approximately 1,500 inspection locations will be set up to inspect both commercial trucks and buses.
During last year’s Roadcheck event, over 70,000 inspections were completed, with approximately 20% vehicle failure rate. Don’t let your inspection adversely affect your CSA scores this year. Remember, all violations become part of a motor carrier’s CSA record.
CVSA has created a couple of resources for drivers and fleets to help you prepare for Roadcheck 2013:
- Tip Sheet for Drivers on Roadcheck http://www.cvsa.org/programs/documents/roadcheck2012/checklist_20120531v2.pdf
- Get to the Point/ In the Inspector’s Seat – A Roadcheck Roadmap http://www.cvsa.org/programs/documents/roadcheck2010/roadcheck_brochure.pdf
Prepare ahead for CVSA’s June 4-6 2013 Roadcheck event and ensure that you are DOT compliant. Here are a few solutions that can help:
- CSA Roadside Lighting Repair Kit http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/truck-lite-97392/csa-roadside-lighting-repair-kit-p-u13-97392
- CSA Handbook A Complete Guide for CMV Drivers http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/jj-keller-27593/csa-handbook-a-complete-guide-for-cmv-drivers-p-jjk-27593
- 10 Sensor Tire Pressure Monitoring System http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ryder/af/ryder/core/content/product/srm/key/tsy-507sce10/erm/productDetail.do